Pages

Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Gift Creations

I did actually get around to a little making for a few gifts this year, but not as many as I originally planned :(

For the two new babies I made personalised Christmas stockings in the same style as the ones I made last year for the baby bunch. Instead of crushed velvet, I used calico. Each one had a Gingerbread lady stuffed toy inside (purchased from Wilkinsons).








For the baby bunch, I made personalised drawstring bags again in calico. They are fully lined with the initial of each child sewn on with blanket stitch, and then their first names are embroidered onto the initial with a simple backstitch. Each drawstring bag had a mini chocolate selection box, a set of bath crayons, a candy cane and a push and go aeroplane.











For my Mum I made a twisted crochet cowl, very similar to the one I made for my Christmas OU swap partner. It has an eyelet edge again, and is made up of mostly mock moss stitch. It was crocheted in the round, so the twist was put in at the start when I joined the foundation chain.

I had intended to make my sister-in-law a Betty Boop bag, and even started it, but ran out of time. I will finish it though and then keep it for her birthday.

I also intended to make my sister a crochet top. I only got about as far as buying the yarn :/

Mr Bogert got his crafty on and made pickled onions. We have several jars now to keep us going. For his Secret Santa gift, he gave a jar of the pickles and also made a jar of curry wurst sauce (just add sausages!) and baked a loaf of bread to go with it. I know it's supposed to be secret, but I don't think the people doing the secret Santa come on here (and the recipient knows it was Mr Bogert anyway).

I also received a lovely homemade gift from my OU crafter friend as part of the swap. Just look at this fantastic apron made with lovely matryoshka fabric. I love it!


I showed off my OU swap creations in a previous post.




The Smaller Person also had a very thoughtful homemade gift from one of the baby bunch, made by his Mummy. She made lovely personalised tote bags (great minds ;D) which had a couple of books and a soft toy inside. We really do appreciate all things homemade in this house!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete