Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Princess Birthday Invitations

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were organising the Smaller Person's Muppet Rainbow Party, and yet here we are again, this time planning for the Small Person's 7th birthday party.

She has requested a Princess Party, and I guess I'm secretly pleased. I'm not big on lots of girly things (the difficulty in getting any clothes in anything other than pink up until she was around three drove me nuts!), but I'm thinking that this might be the last opportunity for something girly and not too grown up. 7 is a proper school girl age, my little baby is stretching out and growing up before my eyes, and the sulky teenage years seem so very much closer. To be able to do something so very 'little girl' like for her birthday, seems like a very lucky thing for me to be part of :)

We've kept it smaller this year so that we can hold it in our tiny shoe box house. I made the invitations this week, and the Small Person took them with her to school this last Friday.

I pre-stained the paper with tea and let it dry. I think I would iron the paper with a cool iron if I did this again, because although I like the crumpled look, it didn't like going through the printer.


The invitations reads:


HRH Princess Alexandra requests the pleasure of the company of

'PRINCESS NAME' (WRITTEN IN METALLIC SILVER MARKER )

To celebrate her 7th birthday
On Sunday 9th December

Please arrange for your coachmen to drop you off at 1pm.
Carriages should return to collect you at 5.30pm
Please wear your finest royal robes (Princess fancy dress or best party dress)
Unfortunately, as the castle is being redecorated, we will have to make do with the servants quarters located at:
[our address]
At 2pm we will make our way to The Oak for a Royal Banquet
(Please select dinner from accompanying menu and include choice in your reply)
After  dinner, we will return to for a private royal screening of The Brave.
Please RSVP to the housekeeper, Vicky, and the butler, Rob, in writing, or on [my number] by Friday 30th November.



We have booked a table at The Oak pub and restaurant located down the road from our house (so no clean up or food preparation) and have asked that children choose in advance from a selection from The Oak's children's menu. (No messing around with decisions at the restaurant, no major waiting for food).

What do you think? Does dinner sound good?

The invitations are nice and simple, with the menu choices located at the bottom of the page. After printing on the stained paper, I have then used some gold peel-offs to decorate the corners and a strip of gold peel off to separate the main invitation from the menu.



The papers have then been rolled and tied with a blue satin ribbon (the Small Person's choice) to form a lovely little scroll.



Now, we just have to wait for the replies. More information will follow on the party planning and the party itself. Not long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment