Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Crochet Robot

I'm still creating a few little gifts for my little man who's 2nd birthday is just around the corner. Those who follow me on Facebook will know that I posted a link to this free pattern on Bernat. The Smaller Person loves several things at the moment: Dinosaurs (still), trains, rhinos, monkeys and Robots.


I've Just finished him! I have altered mine slightly so that it is definitely a boy robot. To do this, I left off the bow and antennae on his head, changed the colours and I've altered the face quite a bit. I prefer the bigger eyes and the wider smile. I've worked the whole robot in Cygnet DK.



 
 

The screen on his tummy is made from felt. I did toy with the idea of replacing the heart with buttons or even words, but he's kinda cute just like this.

 
Look! Cute little thumbs - love them!
I was really happy how he was turning out, but when I stitched the legs on, they didn't look quite right. A little fiddling around with the placement, and I'm much happier now. I really hope the Smaller Person likes him! These photos were taken before I changed the legs to the happier version :)
(They're set wider apart now)

1 comment: