Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Statement of Intent

95%! Woo hoo! I. Got. 95%. (for that assignment I was wrestling with). I can't believe it! That means my overall mark for the written part of the course is 88%! Well within a distinction/first  classification. Of course my exam score could tear that all down to a 3rd or worst of all, a fail :(

So, today I start planning my revision. This is my statement of intent. If I write it, it must be done...

Prose:
Realist Novel -
  • Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
  • Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Literature and Gender - Undecided

Drama:
  • The Rover - Aphra Behn
  • As You Like It - Shakespeare
Poetry:
The Romantics -
  • Wordsworth (early romantics)
  • Byron (late romantics)
  • Joanna Baillie
  • OR Mary Robinson
  • OR Mary Alcock
  • OR Felicia Hemans (undecided on the female poet)
Literature and Gender -
  • Any woman - Katharine Tynan
  • Wherever I Hang - Grace Nicholls
  • Ain’t I a Woman - Sojourner Truth
  • Goblin Market - Christina Rossetti
  • The Reincarnation of Captain Cook - Margaret Atwood
There. I have made my decisions (mostly). They are written in stone (metaphorically). And now when I'm getting distracted you can all kick me up the bum and remind me what I should be doing! :D

Now I just need to work out HOW to revise them. 4 weeks and counting...

Sorry for a relatively boring, non-crafty post void of photographs. Call back tomorrow for Toddler Group Tuesday where we're doing leaf wreaths for the start of Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment