Pages

Monday 18 January 2010

Preparation

Ok. I think I've finally (begrudgingly) dragged myself into 2010. Only a couple of weeks late, but I've made it. I'd much rather be back in 1950 something where I'm sure I would have felt much more at home, but as that's not going to happen I suppose I'd just better get on with it.

Today "it" is mostly preparation. I have owl shapes to cut out and an example owl to make with the small person ready for toddler group tomorrow. I also have fabrics to cut. You may remember this post from way back when about fabric I bought for the small person's bedroom. (No? Well I'm not surprised. It is a while ago) So much for having the small person's new bedspread and curtains up before the Autumn. I should be sacked. So today I have been cutting curtain pieces and cutting bed linen pieces. I still have a few more to do. I would really like to try and get some pieces sewn today, but I also have a heap of the boring stuff to do (Housework).

The cut out pieces for the small persons bed cover (with and without applique pieces)

I've also been trying to find out more about the UK health and safety laws and trading standards rules and how they apply to handmade. I'm desperate to make certain items, but I'm not sure it's going to be possible especially items intended for children. I'm really struggling to get anywhere. I'm probably not looking in the right place, and if that's the case and someone could point me in the right direction I'd love them forever! Does anyone out there in bloggy land have any information that could help me?

The reason I'm looking for rules and regulations is I really want to take Alexandra's Wishes further this year and unfortunately that means taking some time to look at the boring side of crafty business, so that I can do it "right".

So you see, it's all preparation in the Wishes house today. Preparing new bedroom items, preparing for toddler group and preparing to make a real go of something I love.

Don't forget there's still time to enter my giveaway to win one of my crochet hair bows and new valentine heart brooches (below) and a little surprise extra. The give away will be drawn on Wednesday. I'd really love to read some more about handmade things you love!


Back tomorrow with toddler group wood shaving owls and hopefully some progression on the bed linen or curtains. I'm not fussy, either will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment