Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Peace out. I'm off to party!

The packing is done and was surprisingly uneventful and painless (apart from one lost shoe which turned up in the conservatory), so I'm ready to go to the Lakes. A place I love with passion. It's beautiful and calming, and it always feels like coming home. I get to dress up, be waited on and eat lovely food. There may be some swimming pool splashing (as I can't actually swim or float for that matter) and jacuzzi lounging, and there will definitely be some photo taking. OK, maybe lots of photo taking :)
So for my last post of 2009 I will leave you with a little conversation that took place between Mr Bogert and myself :

I wander into the kitchen in search of a hammer, a phillips screwdriver and a flat head screwdriver whilst Mr Bogert is cooking dinner....

Mr Bogert: what are you looking for?
Me: hammer and screwdrivers
Mr Bogert: what for?
Me: I'm putting Alex's shelves together.
Mr Bogert:There's something very wrong about this. Why am I cooking dinner whilst you're doing the DIY?
Me: What's wrong with that?
Mr Bogert: Shouldn't it be the other way round with me doing "the man thing"
Me: Don't worry. You'll have to come and fix it in a bit anyway.
Mr Bogert: That's good 'cos you'll probably have to fix the dinner!

(It was however very yummy - Jamaican pork chops from the Levi Roots cook book - and I didn't mess up the shelves!)

And with a few pictures from the child like twister antics from our christmas party for friends.

See you in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment