Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Hello. My name is Vicky, and I'm a craftaholic

I've lurked in the shadows of crafty blogland for quite some time now, but finally I've saved up enough courage to start my own blog and make myself known. I have to admit, this feels a little scary, but I'm certain I'll get the hang of this soon enough and then you wont be able to keep me quiet!

My main reason for wanting to start a blog is to share. I don't have many friends that are into anything crafty, and my husband bless him, encourages me, gives me constructive criticism and trawls around markets and crafty places with me to buy supplies, but sometimes he just doesn't "get it". Do you know what I mean? He tries, but he just doesn't understand the fuss of finding a gorgeous fabric (that I have no idea what I'm going to make from it, but will buy some and think of the details later) or the excitement when a project is finished and has actually turned out how I planned. He lovingly refers to my piles of fabric, felt, wool, embroidery threads, pretty papers etc (this list goes on) as my "craft junk" but I know he wouldn't have me any other way.

The title of my blog is from my daughter. She's a very grown up 3 year old, and her name is Alexandra.

So, here I am. Craft obsession and felty hearts on my sleeve. I look forward to any and all comments. Tomorrow, I'll let you know what I'm up to at the moment......

No comments:

Post a Comment